NZ Insurance Companies & Insurance Valuation
May 12th, 2014 by Steve McNamara
As Property Valuation business, Property InDepth’s valuers regularly deal with Insurance questions from our customers. We have found that in some instances, first home buyers are not aware of some of the most well-known insurance companies in New Zealand. So to help those people who are new to home Insurance, we have whipped up a list of some of the most common NZ Insurance companies.
We suggest you check out reviews and comparisons on www.canstarblue.co.nz and you can also purchase a report from www.consumer.org.nz/reports/house-and-contents-insurance (They asked 13 companies to provide quotes at various locations) and you will find a full list of registered Insurance companies from the Reserve Bank of NZ Website.
- www.aainsurance.co.nz : AA Insurance – car, contents, home, travel and life insurance.
- www.ami.co.nz : AMI Insurance – They provide car, boat, contents, house and travel insurance.
- www.aig.co.nz : AIG Insurance – They provide health, travel, auto, commercial, and property insurance.
- www.amp.co.nz : AMP Insurance – They provide life, income protection, health, business, home,and auto insurance.
- www.fmg.co.nz : FMG – (Rural Focus) Rural, business, home, contents, auto, equine and life insurance.
- www.state.co.nz : State Insurance – They provide car, contents, home, business and travel insurance.
- www.tower.co.nz : Tower – They provide car, home, contents, boat, rural, business and travel insurance.
- www.vero.co.nz : Vero – They provide home, contents, car, boat, business, rural, construction and liability insurance.
This list is just the start, feel free to share your favorite insurance company (and why) in the comments section below. And as New Zealand’s most trusted property valuation company, the Property InDepth team are just a call away to help you with your property valuation needs.
Happy Insurance hunting!